While we firmly believe you should enjoy opportunities to travel at any age, it’s hard to ignore the benefits of packing up and shifting countries while you’re younger.
With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of the best reasons why you should move to the UK before you hit your thirties. There were plenty to choose from, so this list is definitely not inclusive of all the great possible reasons.
1. Economic opportunities: The UK is bursting with opportunities for professionals. There is an overflow of white collar contracting positions and recruiters are shouting out, looking for qualified candidates. Once you get your first contracting position in the UK, it only gets easier to go onwards and upwards from there. Check out also for UK tier 5 youth mobility visa & UK Employment Market.
2. Cultural diversity: We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: there is absolutely something for everyone in the UK. London itself is considered one of the greatest cultural hubs in the world. There are so many different things to do that suit a variety of tastes, so it’s virtually impossible to be bored (unless of course, that’s what you’re aiming for).
3. Europe on your doorstep: The UK is so perfectly geographically located that it’s a wonder you haven’t moved over already! Virtually anywhere in Europe is within a couple of hours (or less) by plan, meaning you can easily spend your weekends exploring a different country. And it’s so easy to get cheap, affordable transport between countries from the UK, you won’t have much getting in the way of your travel while you’re over there.
4. More visa options: While there are still ways for some to get UK tier 5 visa to stay in the UK for work, such as Ancestry and Spousal Visas, there’s another option that benefits the younger age bracket. You could be eligible for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa and can apply for it if you are between the ages of 17 to 30 (inclusive). The Tier 5 Visa allows you to work for whoever you choose for the entire two year period you are granted the visa, with the freedom to leave the country and get back in however much suits you. This means plenty of travel and opportunities to work!
5. Network around the world: Wouldn’t it be great if no matter where you were in the world, you knew you had friends or work contacts nearby? Moving to the UK and Working with UK as an Aussie or New Zealander opens you up for a world of opportunities. Whether you meet your best mate for life, or get the contact details of someone who has the same entrepreneurial drive as you, the opportunities are limitless. Why would you want to miss out on that?
And there you have it. If you’re a highly skilled professional from Australia or New Zealand who is even slightly considering a move to the UK, speak to our team about hassle free youth mobility scheme tier 5 to find out how we might be able to help you get on your way for UK Visa application.